Virtual Program: Spring 2021
March 24, 2021
Read Time 2 mins
Photo: Ken Goodman
The James Beard Foundation is launching its second virtual Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change since the COVID pandemic, and we’re looking for chefs and restaurant owners who are passionate about leading the way in food system change.
Let us know you’re interested in attending by completing this form.
In order to qualify to attend you must…
– Be a chef/owner, owner/operator, or executive chef of a restaurant, catering company, food truck, institutional kitchen (e.g., hospital, university), or other food facility and be responsible for making the purchasing decisions for your organization or company.
– Reside in the United States, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands
– Commit to attending 4 of 6 training sessions listed below. The first and final sessions are mandatory.
Each week, you will be asked to participate in live training sessions via Zoom from 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. PT). Depending on the week, you may also be asked to complete additional homework, such as watching a webinar, reading an article, or completing a worksheet.
– Session 1: Monday, May 10, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
– Session 2: Monday, May 17, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
– Session 3: Monday, May 24, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
– Session 4: Monday, June 7, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
– Session 5: Monday, June 14, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
– Session 6: Monday, June 21, 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. ET
**Please note there will be a break the week of Monday, March 31 for the Memorial Day holiday.
The Chefs Boot Camp curriculum is based in federal policy, advocacy, messaging, and networks training. While you will ultimately be able to use these lessons to advocate for whatever issues are a priority for you, for the purposes of this training we will focus on Childhood Nutrition Reauthorization, which includes school lunch programs and SNAP. Prior experience in this area is not required.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a digital JBF Virtual Boot Camp seal to use on your website, on social media, or however you see fit.
This program is free to attend, but space is limited in order to allow for small group work and one-on-one attention.
This form will close on Sunday, April 11. If we are able to invite you to attend the Boot Camp, you will be notified by Wednesday, April 28.
Complete the Expression of Interest form here.
By Ashley Kosiak
January 15, 2021
< 1 min
January 29, 2021
< 1 min
March 12, 2021
< 1 min